Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Places We've Been


***Update:  I'm now making these shelves, due to popular demand!  You can find them here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SouvenirSand?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Jack and I love to travel. We have been collecting sand from the places we visit since we got married almost 8 years ago. (It actually started before that, when I brought home a little bottle of sand from the beaches in Southern France, where I served my mission) Our little sand collection has grown over the years, and I searched in vain for a way to properly display our collection. I eventually made my own wall shelf, and filled it with small glass vials that I ordered online. This project is finally complete! I am so pleased with the results.

As I retyped the labels for these vials I was reminded of all the places we've been, and all the memories came flooding back. I had to call Jack so we could reminisce together. We laughed at some of the memories, and shook our heads at some of the 'adventures' we had along the way. It was so much fun to remember all of those experiences.

In short, this collection has done what we hoped it would. It stands as a reminder of the places we've been, and how life is "always an adventure"...

4 comments:

Kim said...

I always loved looking at your various destinations when I came over. LOVE IT! Great job!

Lisa said...

This is so cool! I absolutely love this! Great way to look back and remember all your fun trips!

Debbie Nicolaisen said...

Love your collection! I especially love that you have so many empty ones, ready for more adventures. I am very curious,...some look like liquids, rocks, & seaglass, is that right? I too collect sand from my various travels but sadly I started collecting after my European adventures.

KaiBlue said...

I'd love to swap sand, or little pebbles etc. one for one with anyone out there? Kaibluecreations@gmail.com Thank you for having a lovely idea.